Department of Psychology,
University of Milano-Bicocca
Piazza dell’Ateneo Nuovo 1
20126 Milano, Italy.
Office: +39 64483708
Lab: +39 0264483782
CURRENT ACADEMIC POSITION
- 2005-present. Full professor (Developmental Psychology), Faculty of Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy.
- 1997. Ph.D. (Psychology), University of Pavia, Italy.
- 1994. M.Ed. Psychology, University of Padova, Italy.
- The role of biological and experiential factors in the emergence of specialized neuro-cognitive systems.
- Development and plasticity of face recognition abilities.
- Developmental precursors of numerical abilities and the origins of spatial representation of number.
- Visual perceptual organization in infancy and preschool-age.
RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
- Sept-June 2011. Birbeck College, London, UK: visiting professor.
- 2006-2009. Director of the Master Degree in Clinical and Developmental Psychology and Neuropsychology, University of Milano-Bicocca
- 2005- present. Associate Editor, Giornale Italiano di Psicologia.
- 2002-2005. Member of the Board of Directors, Associazione Italiana di Psicologia (Italian Psychological Association).
- 2002 and 2003. Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, USA: visiting scientist.
- 2000-2002. Researcher with tenure, University of Milano-Bicocca:.
- 1997-1999. Post-doc scholarship funded by the European Community on the Biomed project “Visual cognition and brain development: Memory and learning in human infants”, University of Padova.
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
- 2003-present. Society for Research in Child Development
- 2001-present. International Society on Infant Studies (ISIS).
- 2000-present. Associazione Italiana di Psicologia (AIP)-Sezione di Psicologia dello Sviluppo, Sezione di Psicologia Sperimentale.
- 2002-2004. Cognitive Neuroscience Society
- 1999-2002. Europen Society for Developmental Psychology
REFEREE FOR SCIENTIFICAL JOURNALS, SOCIETIES AND COUNCILS
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC); Brain Research; British Journal of Psychology; Child Development; Cognition; Cognitive Development; Developmental Psychobiology; Developmental Science; Infant and Child Development; International Society on Infant Studies (ISIS); Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience; Journal of Experimental Child Psychology; Journal of Experimental Psychology: HPP; Neuropsychologia; Perception; Psychological Bulletin; Psychological Review; Psychological Science; Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology; Society for Research on Infant Studies (SRCD).
- Author of more than 40 publications, over 25 in international journals with peer review, and over 80 conference presentations.
- ISI Web of Knowledge, September 2012: N=28 papers in the period 1996-2012; Sum of the times cited=510; Average citation per item=18,21; h-index=12.